Carnival Club is based at The New Market Hotel on Bath Road in Bridgwater.
A fairly varied bunch of individuals who some people say are quite mad but
Cavaliers Carnival Club was born way back in 1937, making it the second
oldest in current existence. It was based at the Coronation Inn, and went
by the glorious name of 'Coronoddies Carnival Club'.
In 1946 due to a move to the Golden Lion the name changed to 'The
Golden Lion Carnival Club'.
Our current president Ivor Treeby was a one of the members of ‘Golden
Lion CC’, the clubs biggest success was in 1955 with the entry Ancient
Egyptians which won them the Kerr Cup, Hardy Spicer Cup, Hoteliers Cup,
In the early 1980's the club moved headquarters to The Crown Inn and
became 'The Crown Cavaliers Carnival Club'.
1996 saw a move to The New Market Hotel and a further name change to
the 'Cavaliers Carnival Club', as they are known today. We share the home
base of the New Market Hotel, hosted by Jeff and Trina Slocombe, along
with Wilfs Carnival Club and New Market Carnival Club.
Whilst unable to match the runaway success of the ‘ancient Egyptians’
Cavaliers have had some success
in recent years, winning best improved on road & stage in the year
2000, with the stage show 42nd Street and the cart entry ‘Showstoppers’
Cavalier’s C.C. can be contacted at the New Market Hotel or through
the clubs web site at www.cavalierscc.co.uk